Friday, November 14, 2008
14 November 2008- This is hopefully the first of many posts detailing our journey through the hardships we've been presented. If you haven't heard, Kel went to the Women's Evaluation Unit on Monday 10 November after it was suspected she was leaking Amniotic Fluid. Sadly, doctors were able to confirm that her water had broken sometime earlier. As most of you know she is only 18 weeks pregnant so this presents quite a problem. After prolonged lists of what could and is likely to go wrong, and after multiple tear sessions, we vowed to trust God and stay as positive as possible in the given situation. Kel stayed in the hospital for three days having had blood tests, multiple ultra sounds, and other medical procedures to determine the baby is still strong and holding on amidst the tough scenario. She will be on strict bed rest for the next seven weeks or so until the baby is viable and could be delivered if necessary. At that time we are told she will live at St. John's until the baby comes. If there is a positive to come from any of this, the 18 week ultra sound was able to determine that the baby appears to be a girl!!! We will update as soon and often as possible but until then we ask that you pray for a few specific things. First, that Kel's fluid begins to restore itself and continues to protect the baby. Second that her womb is able to avoid infection which would prove the end of the pregnancy. Lastly, that God provide strength to all of us as we push through this journey.